There are two primary ways of processing completed Matterport 3D Tours through CAPTUR3D: Utilising CAPTUR3D’s complementary 3D Tour optimisation and cleanup process, or performing the same steps yourself in-house.
Over time, the team at CAPTUR3D has determined the best way to present a Matterport 3D Tour on the web. We have condensed these learnings to a set of optimisations that present 3D Tours to a high standard that clients expect.
The steps that will be performed during the 3D Tour optimisation and cleanup are:
- Determine and set up the most efficient path through the space for the web 3D Tour experience.
- Separately set up the most efficient path for the VR conversion.
- Turning off unnecessary sweeps or sweeps with unwanted content such as unexpected people, movement, or unstyled content. This process reduces the clutter of points the users may jump to while viewing the 3D Tour and offers the best user experience.
- Set the starting point and framing of the tour to provide the best ‘Wow!’ factor for when the 3D Tour first loads.
- Take screenshots for the highlight reel of the best locations within the space.
- Add any additional 360 photos taken during the scanning process to the highlight reel.
- Confirm the address and title are consistent across your bookings.
- Ensure the 3D Tour is made public.
- Enter the polished 3D Tour information into CAPTUR3D to streamline the booking process.
This process may be performed in-house by performing the manual processing in the Matterport backend, and then entering the required information into CAPTUR3D by following these steps: Video - Process A Booking.
The team at CAPTUR3D recommend our complementary service to handle these steps for saving you time, and allowing you to focus on running your business.
To set up this free service, refer to the following guide: Matterport collaborator access setup.