Our Hosting Fee Service allows you to collect payments from your customers for Matterport hosting fees, all automated through CAPTUR3D. You can create a list of customers and set up recurring payments for any property hosted through your Matterport subscription.
Here's how to get started.
Connect to Stripe
In order to utilise our Hosting Fee Service, you first need to create a Stripe account. This will allow you to receive payments from your customers. You can create a Stripe account here.
Once you've created a Stripe account, you can connect your account to CAPTUR3D.
1. Click Connect to Stripe to open the OAuth window
2. Add initial details, such as your email address and mobile number
3. Enter the 6 digit verification code sent to your phone
4. Continue to fill out the details required by Stripe
5. Provide bank details for the account you want to receive hosting payments
6. Submit to confirm the integration between CAPTUR3D & your Stripe account
You should see a notification that you have Successfully connected your Stripe account
Service & transaction fees
Note that there is a 9.25% service fee (Stripe & CAPTUR3D) + $0.25 AUD transaction fee (Stripe) for all payments collected via the Hosting Fee Service.
Create a new hosting payment
To get starting using the service, set up your first hosting payment.
But before you can generate a reoccurring payment, you will need to create a new customer:
1. Click +Add New next to Customer
2. Add the name of your customer and their email address
3. Click Save
You will now be able to select this customer from the dropdown menu.
Click Generate to save your hosting payment.
Manage the Hosting tab
Every property you create a hosting payment for will be listed under Your properties on the Hosting tab. Click the kebab menu (three-dots) next to a property to view More information or Cancel hosting.
If you choose to Cancel hosting, the property will appear on the list as 'Cancelled'. You can reactivate hosting payments for the property at any time by clicking the kebab menu (three-dots) and Activate hosting.
To create a new payment, simply click +Hosting payment in the top right-hand corner.
Manage the Customer tab
Every customer you add to hosting will be listed under Your customers on the Customer tab.
The customer profiles listed here are unique to the Hosting Fee service and do not translate to any other part of the CAPTUR3D platform. To create a new customer, click +Add Customer.
Create & Manage Tax rates
You may want to apply different tax rates or multiple tax rates to your hosting payments.
The Tax rate tab allows you to create custom tax rates, that can then be applied to any hosting payment you generate. Simply follow these steps:
1. Click +Tax rate to create a custom tax rate
2. Describe the Type of tax (this will appear on statements to your customer)
3. Select the percentage rate and whether this will be Inclusive or Exclusive
4. Add a Description of the tax rate (this will only appear on your records)
5. Click Add tax rate to save
Once a tax rate is created, you will be able to select it under the Tax rates dropdown on the hosting payments form. However, you cannot create a new tax rate from inside the form - you can only do this from the Tax rates tab at this stage.
Once a customer is charged for hosting, you will be able to preview the details under the Payments tab.
Click the kebab menu (three-dots) to Download or Void the payment invoice.
Every payment will have a Status listed:
1. Open - waiting for your customer to pay
2. Paid - your customer has paid
3. Voided - the payment has been voided/cancelled
4. Overdue - your customer has been notified that the payment is overdue
5. Failed - your customer has failed to make payment
We currently do not follow up with customers on your behalf if a payment has failed. If this happens, contact your customer directly with the Payment link provided.
This will open the invoice directly in Stripe:
Please sign in to leave a comment.