CAPTUR3D's Virtual Staging software allows you to place 3D furniture and other 3D assets directly into your Matterport virtual tours - enabling you to virtually stage unfurnished properties and enhance your Digital Twins with an array of assets with the click of a button!
CAPTUR3D has an internal asst library of 100's of various 3D furniture assets available to use for Matterport Virtual Staging. We have also partnered with Sketchfab.com to provide a further 750,000+ free assets for our Users to integrate into their Matterport models! Whether it's virtual or office home staging, or elaborate animated 3D assets, CAPTUR3D has you covered!
You can also upload your own custom 3D assets to integrate into your Matterport virtual tours. We currently support GLB files for custom asset uploads. For a guide on uploading and converting custom 3D assets to use in CAPTUR3D's Virtual Staging interface, please click here.
Introducing Virtual Staging
Virtual Staging Masterclass Video
How To Access The Virtual Staging Interface
1. Open your desired Property Page from your CAPTUR3D Dashboard and click the 'Virtual Staging' tab.
2. Select the 'Stage Your Property' button (and watch the preview video for an overview of the interface before you begin). This will then open the Virtual Staging interface.
How To Use The Virtual Staging Interface
Choosing and Placing a 3D Asset from the Library
1. Use the search box in the top-left of the interface to select the type of asset you want to place (e.g 'chair')
2. Select your desired asset thumbnail with a left-click on your mouse. Then hover your mouse over the Virtual Tour interface to see a preview of where to place your 3D asset
3. Once you have chosen the area to drop your 3D asset into, left-click your mouse to confirm.
Positioning, Rotating and Scaling your 3D Asset
You can use the 3 icons at the bottom-centre of the interface; Position, Rotate and Scale and then use the numerical fields for the individual axis at the bottom-right corner of the page.
Please note that some axis are locked by default when selecting the Position, Rotate and Scale icons. These can be unlocked by clicking the 'padlock' icons below each option in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Once you have achieved your desired Position/Rotation/Scale on the 3D Asset, right-click your mouse to confirm and fully place the asset. This will fully activate the textures on your asset.
Undo/Redo and Deleting 3D Assets
You can undo/redo any changes recently made on your individual 3D assets (position, rotation, scale etc) by clicking the arrows at the top-right corner of the screen
You can delete a 3D asset that you have placed in the Virtual Staging Interface by clicking the 'trash'/'bin' icon next to the name of the desired asset in the top-right hand corner of the interface
Changing Lighting on 3D Assets
To change the Lighting of 3D assets, you can click the 'Lighting' tab in the top-right corner of the interface. Adjust the scale from 0 - 10 to alter the lighting intensity on assets.
How to Upload Custom 3D Assets
Please note we currently accept GLB files only. You can convert your OBJ files for free via the following website:
1. To upload your own custom 3D assets, select 'Custom' from the dropdown menu in the top-left corner of the interface.
2. Click the 'plus' icon button and select 'Browse and upload your file here' to choose a 3D asset you have saved on your computer.
3. Once you have chosen your 3D asset, assign the asset a Name, Category and upload a Thumbnail image to help you identify the asset. Then select 'Upload'. You can then select the uploaded asset from the menu on the left-side of the interface
How To Save Your Progress
You can save your Virtual Staging progress by clicking 'Save as draft' in the top-right corner of the interface. You will also be prompted to Save your progress when clicking the 'Exit' button in the top-left corner of the interface.
Virtual Staging Settings (In Your Property Page Dashboard)
'Staging is default view on arrival'
Selecting 'Yes' on this option will load the virtual tour showing any 3D assets that have previously placed. Selecting 'No' will load the tour without showing any of the 3D assets that have been previously placed.
'User can toggle staging on and off'
Selecting 'Yes' will provide the option in the Side Menu for the end-user to toggle Virtual Staging on and off . Selecting 'No' will turn this toggle option off for the end-user.
Clicking the green 'Preview' text will open up a preview of the virtually staged tour. You can use this to check what the end user will see when accessing the tour.
Toggling this ON (green) will publish your staged property so the URL link can be accessed publicly. Toggling this to OFF (grey) will unpublish your staged property so it can no longer be accessed publicly via the URL.
Please sign in to leave a comment.