Augmented Reality (AR) Wayfinding is a hero feature of ARConnect that allows you to create navigation pathways through any digital twin.
AR Wayfinding is not only optimized for single-story properties, but also multi-story properties.
What do I need to use AR Wayfinding?
- An active digital twin on CAPTUR3D - if you don’t have this, you’ll be directed back to your property page where you can activate your digital twin.
- A mobile device that supports AR (Android 10 or newer and iOS 13+ or newer). Find out more about device requirements.
- The ARConnect app (download from Google Play or the App Store).
Adding Wayfinding Points
AR Wayfinding works by establishing a navigation path between spatial Wayfinding Points throughout your digital twin. To make things even easier, you can set up your Wayfinding Points from any view of your digital twin - first person, floor plan or dollhouse.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Open Creator Studio and click on the ARConnect tab
- Ensure that you have your chosen floor selected
- Click Create Wayfinding Point in the left-hand side panel or Add Point in your editor
- Move your mouse and click to place your Wayfinding Point in space
- Give your Wayfinding Point a title, select the icon size and upload a recognizable thumbnail image - the ideal aspect ratio is 16:9.
- Click Save
Once saved, your point will appear under ‘Your Wayfinding Points’ on the right-hand side panel.
You can update the title, icon size and thumbnail at any time by clicking the Wayfinding Point on the right-hand side panel and editing under Properties.
Moving your Wayfinding Points
Once a Wayfinding Point has been created, you might want to relocate it inside your digital twin.
If this is the case, all you need to do is:
- Click on the Wayfinding Point and choose Edit point
- Alternatively, select the Wayfinding Point on the right-hand side panel, click the kebab dots and choose to Edit point
If your Wayfinding Point is in edit mode, it should look like this:
- Left click and hold the blue circular disk below the Wayfinding Point icon
- Drag to reposition and click anywhere else in your screen to deselect
Using AR Wayfinding in ARConnect
Once you’ve set up Wayfinding Points in your Creator Studio, you are ready to use Wayfinding in the ARConnect app - there are no additional steps required.
Please sign in to leave a comment.